WCMA Board Call for Nominations
To Fellow WCMA Members:
As your WCMA Nominating Committee, we have been called upon to put forward a nomination at the June Conference for the position of Vice President/Treasurer on the WCMA Executive Board. Any members interested in being considered for the nomination should review the following information and submit a letter of interest no later than May 10.
Note that the board meets via conference call and in person at both winter and summer conferences. Call-in numbers are provided for conferences as well.
Duties of Vice President/Treasurer
- Attend all executive committee and board meetings
- Provide general assistance to the President & 1st Vice President
- Participate as a vital part of the board leadership
- Carry out special assignments as requested by the board President
- Serve as Treasurer of the organization
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis
- Approve/co-sign financial transactions
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the board for approval
- Assume responsibilities of the president in the absence of the board president or first vice president
- Serve on committees as may be assigned by the President
NOTE: Appointment to the Executive Committee is essentially a 3-year term which becomes effective at the end of the June conference. The Vice President/Treasurer becomes President Elect in year two, and then President in year three.
Criteria Being Considered by Nominating Committee
While the by-laws do not specify criteria, aside from the requirement that the nominee be a corporate member of WCMA, we have identified the following factors that we will be considering:
- Geographic (statewide) representation on executive committee
- Municipal and County mix
- Gender diversity
- Proven history of active involvement in WCMA (regional coordinator, committee participation, etc.)
Interest Submittal Requirements
- Submit one-page letter of interest in PDF format to Dawn Peters by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Due date: May 10
- Letter should express reasons for interest and provide details regarding prior activity in WCMA