State / National / International Associations
- American Planning Association - The American Planning Association provides leadership in the development of vital communities by advocating excellence in community planning, promoting education and citizen empowerment, and providing the tools and support necessary to meet the challenges of growth and change.
- American Public Works Association
- American Society for Public Administration
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Illinois Association of Municipal Management Assistants (IAMMA) - IAMMA is an organization for professionals working in municipal management throughout the State of Illinois.
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA) - The purposes of the association are to increase the proficiency of city managers, county managers, and other local government administrators, and to strengthen the quality of local government through professional management.
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) - IPMA is a non-profit membership organization for agencies and individuals in the public sector human resources field, and others interested in the association's objectives. Over 5,500 members are located in federal, state, and local governments throughout the United States and overseas.
- National Association of Counties
- National Association of Towns and Townships - The purpose of the National Association of Towns and Townships (NATaT) is to strengthen the effectiveness of town and township government. NATaT does this by educating lawmakers and public policy officials about how small town governments operate and by advocating policies on their behalf in Washington, D.C.
- National League of Cities
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association - The National Public Employer Labor Relations Association is a nationwide organization providing labor relations advice, networking opportunities, and legislative advocacy for professionals employed by federal, state, and local governments, schools, and special districts.