Grant Proposal Criteria
WCMA Scholar Internship Grant Proposal Criteria
If you are interested in participating in the WCMA Scholar Internship Grant Program, please prepare a proposal that addresses the following items:
- The population of your community based on the latest Department of Administration estimates
- Statement of commitment and ability to provide a financial match of up to $2,000 to the WCMA scholarship funds designated for the internship and the time period the intern will be employed
- What the student can learn from an internship with your city, village, town, or county
- A detailed description of the intern's proposed duties, responsibilities, and/or special projects
- Who will provide immediate supervision for the intern
- A detailed description of the training and development opportunities that may be provided to the intern
- This may include formal training programs or events; however, please also outline opportunities such as providing the intern with an assigned mentor, regularly scheduled meetings with the city manager, attending management team meetings, attending city council meetings and board / commission meetings, participating on inter-departmental teams, attending regional organization events or meetings, community tours and ride alongs, meetings, etc.
- Any potential obstacles to a successful internship with your city, village, town, or county and how you plan to address these issues
- For example, if housing availability is a concern, describe any assistance that can be given to help the intern locate affordable, temporary housing if required
- Any additional information about your city, village, town, or county's ability to provide a meaningful experience for the intern and what the intern's assistance will mean to your city, town, or county.
An end of internship report prepared by the student / intern to be shared with WCMA membership illustrating the results and work product of the internship for possible use by WCMA members
Please submit your WCMA Scholar Internship Program Proposal to:
Aaron Oppenheimer, Administrator
WCMA Scholarship Committee
City of Sun Prairie
300 E. Main St.
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-2227
Ph: (608) 825-1193